Immigration FAQ
  1. Home
  2.  | Immigration FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Immigration

Our knowledgeable and experienced team of immigration attorneys advise people on immigration issues every day. Listed below are some of the most frequently asked questions we hear at the office.

How Can I Get A Work Permit?

United States immigration law does not provide for any stand-alone work permits. In order to be eligible for a work permit, you must be eligible for a separate immigration application or be in compliance with an Order of Supervision from ICE. We may be able to help you get into compliance with your Order of Supervision from ICE so that you can obtain a work permit from USCIS.

What Should I Do If My Visa Has Expired?

The first thing you should do is contact our firm. Every situation is different, so we will review your current status and advise you on what we feel is your best course of action. If your visa is expired, there is no time to waste. Contact us immediately

Do Green Cards Expire?

Your initial Green Cards is valid for only two years. When your first Green Card expires, you will have to reapply and fill out a new questionnaire. Usually, as long as you maintained your eligibility status and have not been convicted of a crime, you should qualify for a permanent residence visa.

What Are Some Of The Requirements To Become A Naturalized Citizen?

To become a naturalized citizen, you must first prove you are at least 18 years old and reside in the U.S. continuously for at least 5 years and have been a permanent resident immediately before filing your naturalization application. If you have been married to a U.S. citizen, that requirement is only 3 years. You must also be physically present in the U.S. for at least 50% of that time.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will verify that you are a person of good moral character and can read, write and speak English in simple words and phrases. You will also be expected to know about the fundamentals of U.S. history and the U.S. government.

What Do I Do If My Immigration Application Or Case Is Denied?

We can help you determine the next course of action, be it an administrative appeal with Department of Homeland Security or the Board of Immigration Appeals or a lawsuit in federal district court.

Is There A Way To Fight A Deportation Order?

There are ways to challenge a deportation order, but you must act quickly. If you or a loved one have received a deportation order, contact our law firm right away. We will work with to build a deportation defense.

How Do I Get In Touch With Muchnicki & Bittner, LLP?

For answers to your immigration questions, contact our experienced lawyers by calling 614-761-9775 or using our online contact form.